Thursday, September 15, 2011

Branching Out...

For quite some time, I have used this blog to just post samples of design work that I had done.  However, I am thinking it would be fun to branch out this blog to include some of my favorite things which are design and/or kid related.  Hopefully, you guys will find something fun and worthwhile for yourselves too!

For those of you who might not know, piano has always been a huge part of my life.  I've been playing since I was three years old and have had opportunities to play in several symphonies along with other fun experiences.  The piano is an intimate part of who I am.  I can't quite put into words how therapeutic it is for me to sit at my piano and pound away at the keys.  Currently, my piano still lives with my mother in another state since I am currently renting our house but eventually, when we buy a house, we'll finally be able to move the piano into my own house.  I literally cannot wait for this day!  I think about my "piano room" all the time, and here are some of the things I'd love to incorporate for my piano's room!

I love the idea of somehow incorporating my favorite piano sheet music to create something like this!

Image via Pinterest

Of course, one must always think about the acoustics of the room in which the piano is placed.  When I was growing up, we had my piano in the living room which was also surrounded by window on the sides and on the ceiling... I LOVED it and I hope that someday when I get into the house of my dreams that I can have a similar room that I could put my piano into.  This room below is gorgeous and those floors???  Be still my beating heart!  I love this!

Image via House of Turquoise

One thing I've amassed over the years are lots and lots of music!  And since my piano is ivory and not the traditional black, I think having one wall like this for my music would not only be convenient but help set apart my piano apart from everything else.

Image via Pinterest

Unlike most rooms, I would ideally like to keep the room totally free from other furniture.  I play for me, not for anyone else really so I would want it minimally furnished like this.

Image via Pinterest
Now, if only I can manage to get my piano to where I live! I'd really like to start teaching my son how to play starting next year so hopefully I'll be able to get it sooner rather than later!

No comments: